So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, root and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7
I have really been thinking about the part of this verse that says, “overflowing with thankfulness”. I truly believe when we live our lives in Jesus, we have every reason to overflow with thankfulness.
Even if nothing else we have ever hoped for, dreamed about or requested happens, we can live every single day in the overflow of thankfulness for what Jesus has already completed on our behalf.
So, as I sit here, heart full of gratitude, a few of the first things that come to mind are:
- Jesus – my Savior, my Rock, my Friend
- The gift of the Holy Spirit
- Time Spent – I am so grateful for family and friends and memories made. These past two weeks have been an absolute overflow of getting poured into and getting to pour out. (But that’s a whole separate conversation for an upcoming blog!)
- Our first successful camping trip of the season!
- A trip to the swimming pool with the boys finally!
- New haircuts, fresh giggles, and new spunk in the attitudes of our 5-year-olds…LOL
I am never ceased to be amazed at the Father’s goodness. It overflows out of Him like the running river in these pictures. He loves us hard, continual and overflowing.
What are you thankful for today?! Share in the comments below!