It is so easy to get caught up in trying to be everything to everyone. Trying to balance the roles we play as mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, employee, etc and what is expected of us in each of our roles. We can get swept up trying to be “everything” before we know it.
But only Jesus can be our everything… and when we don’t feel like we are enough we can rest in knowing that He is.
- When we are weak, He is strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- When we are weary, He is our power. (Isaiah 40:29)
- When we are tired, He gives us rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- When we are shaken, He is our rock (Psalm 62:2)
- When we fear, He is with us, He is our comforter. (Joshua 1:9)
So let’s take a deep breath this week and stop trying to be everything and let Jesus be our everything.