Have you ever had one doubt creep in only to open the door and create complete havoc in your mind? And all of a sudden doubting one thing turns into two things which then turns into a whole bunch of things. The domino effect. When we allow doubt to creep in and take up space in our mind it doesn’t just stay contained, but starts to spill over into other areas. All of a sudden we are not just doubting the word that God spoke to us, but now we double think everything.
If we do not kick our doubts to the curb for good they will continue to steam roll us into one big ball of fear. Fear of the future, fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of where we are going in this life. Fear can grip our hearts and leave us dead in our tracks. Ineffective and inactive. Exactly where the serpent wanted to get us in the first place.
We must combat fear and doubt with who God says we are.
- We are more than conquerors in Christ (Romans 8:37)
- Be strong and courageous! The LORD is with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9)
- God alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:2)
- For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus (Ephesians 1:4-5)
- We are God’s masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
Don’t let one doubt take up space in your mind and manifest itself into something bigger. Don’t let it ruin your day, your week, or whatever it is that God has spoken to you. Don’t give in to the domino effect… Our God is BIGGER than all of our doubts and our fears and he has destined us for good. Dig in and believe that he is working out all things for the good, even the hard things.